The Chimney Sweep Online Fireplace, Woodstove, Gas Stove and Barbecue Shop
The Ultimate Woodstove Tool Set
Most fire tool sets we've seen are designed for use in fireplaces, not wood stoves. As wood stove users, we have several problems with
fireplace tool sets:
* The tools are too flimsy. Fireplaces typically don't see much use, so fireplace tool sets are designed more for looks than
function. Our woodstove fire needs tending every day: we want stout tools that won't bend, break or come apart, with
handles that don't come unscrewed when we're trying to get some sideways torque with the shovel or poker.
* The pokers are dumb. Whoever came up with the traditional "Medieval Weapon" fireplace poker design wasn't working
inside a small firebox. The pike thingy sticking out the end is useless, and gets in the way.
* The shafts are too long. Wood stove fireboxes are much smaller than fireplaces, and with a fireplace-length tool set, it can
feel like you're trying to tend your fire from the front yard.
And let's face it: fireplace-length tool sets look goofy towering above the average wood stove.
* There's no ash rake. At the end of the burn in a wood stove, the ashes and embers all wind up stacked up against the back
plate, or whichever plate is on the opposite side from the air intake. The pile needs to be raked flat before the next load of
fuelwood is added, and there is no tool for this in the typical fireplace set.
For years, we searched in vain for heavy duty fire tools with shorter shafts, handles that stay on, a functional poker, a
tip-proof stand, and an ash rake.
And we finally found them.
Standard Features: Pilgrim Wood Stove Tool Sets
- Sturdy non-tip stand with cast iron base
- Solid steel rod construction
- Four tools: Poker, Shovel, Broom, Rake
- Shorter shafts: easier to use with woodstoves
- Integrated Handles: easy to grip, can't come loose
- Beautiful satin black finish
- Decorative "Shepherd's Crook" design
Specifications: Pilgrim Wood Stove Tool Sets
To return to the page you came from, use the <-BACK button on your browser
The Chimney Sweep, Inc.
913 Harris Avenue
Bellingham, WA 98225-7032
1(888)-354-6722 toll-free in U.S. & Canada
To send us E-Mail, Click Standard E-Mail Window or (our reply form)
Copyright © 1996 - 2016 The Chimney Sweep, Inc.